Hardy's volunteer-led Green Team is a participant in the Green Team environmental club for Massachusetts schools, sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
Green Teams are students, teachers, and the school community working together to help the environment, promoting waste reduction and recycling, composting, energy conservation, and pollution prevention.
Hardy Green Team sponsors events and initiatives throughout the year to make Hardy School greener and cleaner:
- Cultivate the Hardy Garden and help maintain through summer
- Clean-up and litter removal from the playground area
- November pumpkin composting collection event
- Textile donation bin and drive, and raising awareness around textile recycling/recovery
- Recycling audits for classrooms
- Reducing food waste in the cafeteria
TerraCycle: Provides information about free recycling programs and eliminating waste at home.
- Mass.gov Textile Recovery
- SMART: Textile Recycling Fact Sheet
- SMART: The Secret Life of Recycled Textiles
Hardy's Green Team Representatives are Emily Lapolice and Claire Galand. For more information, please contact them at email@example.com.