The Green Team is an environmental club for Massachusetts schools sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
Green Teams are students, teachers, and the school community working together to help the environment by participating in activities that promote waste reduction and recycling, composting, energy conservation, and pollution prevention.
Participating classes receive certificates of recognition and are eligible to win awards.
We have ideas! Please bring more! Check out the possibilities. We can make Hardy greener and cleaner!
- Cultivate the Hardy Garden and help maintain through summer
- Clean-up and litter removal from the playground area
- Organize a textile donation bin in the school and raise awareness around textile recycling/recovery
- Recycling audits for classrooms
- Reducing food waste in the cafeteria
Hardy's Green Team Representatives are Sarah Elahi & Claire Galand.
For questions about the competition:
Contact Rachel Oliveri, School Sustainability Coordinator